Thursday, October 04, 2012

The Lady of the Rivers


The Lady of the Rivers
Author: Philippa Gregory
Source: Chapters pick
Days to Read: 11

This is the second Philippa Gregory book that I have read. She is probably best known for her book The Other Boleyn Girl (which was also made into a movie starring Natalie Portman). Her novels are based on real historical females that are typically not researched or written about very often.
The Lady of the Rivers is about a Duchess of Bedford, Jaquetta, who befriends the young, new queen of England and her husband, King Henry VI. The book has a good love story, plenty of battles and drama at court to keep the reader interested.

Now these books are fairly light and fluffy as I like to call it, but I do love a good period piece, especially when they take place in England and I did love this book!! It seems to me I rarely read a book that I dislike!

The book that I am currently reading is something totally different from my normal selection. I have recently gone back to school and in several of my classes and the literature I have read thus far, this book has been referred to. It is called Let Me Hear Your Voice: A Family’s Triumph Over Autism. Stay tuned!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment